This year’s Penang International Food Festival (PIFF 2022) runs from 20-28 August 2022. There are PIFF events held across Penang throughout the nine days, starting with the Street Food Festival at Design Village Outlet Mall (Batu Kawan, Penang) on 20-21 August 2022 (5PM-11PM). This is the first time that a PIFF event is held on Mainland Penang. Design Village Outlet Mall became a super bustling place during the festival, with people thronging to the the location to enjoy the variety of street food. There were about 80 hawkers taking part in the event, serving Penang’s authentic street food. Visitors got to enjoy char koay teow, pasembur, satay, asam laksa, otak-otak, mee sotong, mee ketam, ikan bakar, kambing golek, burger, apom balik, putu bambu and many, many more.
Apart from food, visitors got to participate in carnival games. These carnival games were free of charge, and participants got to win prizes by accomplishing their game tasks. A clown was spotted modelling/twisting ballons into special “animals” and “toys” for children.
Visitors to the Street Food Festival were also entertained by bands performing on stage, belting out popular songs and music. The performances really spiced up the festive carnival atmosphere at the event.
Here is the full list of events of the Penang International Food Festival 2022 (PIFF 2022):
- 20-21 August 2022: Street Food Festival (Design Village Outlet Mall)
- 22 August 2022: Picnic @ Roof Garden (SPICE Rooftop Garden)
- 23 August 2022: Gertak Sanggul Food Truck Rally (Gertak Sanggul Beach)
- 24 August 2022: Mini Curry Festival (Komtar Walk)
- 25 August 2022: Thirsty Tuesday (Hin Bus Depot)
- 26 August 2022: RM2 Mini Food Festival (Dataran Pemuda Merdeka)
- 27 August 2022: Santai Morning (Tropical Spice Garden)
- 27-28 August 2022: Taste of Penang (Jalan Kelawai)