Sushi Wafu is a Japanese restaurant at Moulmein Rise Shoppes, Pulau Tikus, Penang (Address: Jalan Moulmein, Pulau Tikus, 10350 Georgetown, Penang. Tel: 04-2951084). The location is near the Pulau Tikus Wet Market.
The main attraction of Sushi Wafu is probably the low prices of the food. Sushi on the conveyor belt are priced at RM1.80 and RM2.80. There are also a large selection of Japanese food in the menu. Personally, I think the food taste average, but I guess it is expected, as the prices are so low. The ice cream, either included with a set meal, or ordered separately (RM4), is refillable – children like this a lot.
The seating arrangement at Sushi Wafu is quite orderly. However, the restaurant is often quite crowded, with many youngsters/students, so service can be slow. Overall, Sushi Wafu is a place to get cheap Japanese food, but don’t place too high of an expectation on the taste of the food or the service.
If you like Japanese food, check out the following blog posts as well:
- Sushi Stall At Sin Hup Aun Cafe, Pulau Tikus, Penang
- Sushi King Restaurant Branches In Penang
- Edo Ichi Japanese Cuisine At Island Plaza, Tanjung Tokong, Penang
- Enjoy Japanese Food At Rakuzen, Gurney Paragon
- Enjoy Japanese BBQ And Shabu Shabu At Wagyu O Restaurant, Krystal Point
- Sushi Jiro & Don Jiro At Gurney Plaza
- Yoshinoya Restaurant Branches In Penang
[Update – 23 February 2020]
I have been to Sushi Wafu at Moulmein Rise Shoppes many times, and I think the food has improved steadily. Here are some new pictures that I have taken at Sushi Wafu recently: