Nirvana Cafeteria is a coffee shop along Jalan Anson (Address: 156, Jalan Anson, 10400 Georgetown, Penang. Tel: 017-5729454). It is a small coffee shop. I have noticed Nirvana Cafeteria since some time ago, but had never been there until recently. My wife had tried the hokkien mee there, and remarked that it is not bad. So, we visited Nirvana Cafeteria last Saturday for breakfast.
The hokkien mee stall is located at the front of the coffee shop. There are also stalls selling mee goreng (fried yellow noodles), chee cheong fun, Penang laksa, yam rice, and fried popiah (fried spring roll). The hokkien mee turned out to be quite tasty. The broth looked enticingly red, as though it is full of chilli. Customers have the option to add spare ribs to their bowl of hokkien mee. The chee cheong fun at Nirvana Cafeteria is also quite good. It is an excellent complement to the hokkien mee, giving customers some choices. I did not try the laksa though.
Here is the location of Nirvana Cafeteria in Google Maps:
If you like Penang hokkien mee, check out the following blogs posts as well:
- Delicious Hokkien Mee At One Corner Cafe
- Granny’s Hokkien Mee Restaurant At Taman Lip Sin, Bayan Lepas, Penang
- Bridge Street Hokkien Mee (Prawn Noodle), Georgetown, Penang
- Popular Hokkien Mee Stall In Island Glades, Penang
- Hokkien Mee With Mantis Shrimp At Sih Jing San Food Centre, Georgetown, Penang